Will a designation change will affect my green card processing? 1 Answers as of March 28, 2011

My GC Priority Date is Sep 2008. My company got acquired recently and I am getting a promotion from senior QA to Test Manager(job responsibilities are same with some changes). Will this affect my ongoing GC process in anyway?I140(phase 2) is approved.I145(phase 3) waiting for PD to get current to file for I145.Any guidance will be much appreciated? Thanks in advance.

I am guessing that your company has an attorney they routinely use for their immigration cases. I highly recommend that you contact that person and have them do a full analysis of your sponsored and promoted position to verify that you will still qualify for the green card based on the approved PERM and I-140. If the positions are not similar, then this can lead to serious issues for you!