Will collecting unemployment impact my SSD benefits? 1 Answers as of June 21, 2011

I have been collecting SSD for many years, due to Mental Disability. I am allowed to work Part Time, and still receive my SSD benefits, as long as I do not make over a certain amount every month. I recently wanted to start working a few days a week, because it was good for my mental state to feel productive. I recently started working for a seasonal resort near me, only a few days a week. Because they are seasonal, they will be laying me off at end of summer, with an offer to return next season again, Part Time. This situation allows me to apply for Unemployment as "Job Attached Status", meaning I do not have to look for work while unemployed, as they will be re-hiring me. Will collecting a small unemployment benefit in-between seasons effect my SSD Benefits in a negative way? I was told that because I am not saying I cant work PT, but am simply collecting Unemployment to supplement my temp loss of PT work until I am rehired, that I am OK to receive unemployment. True or False?

Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
I suggest that you obtain and consult with an attorney who specializes in unemployment and worker's compensation law.