Will claiming bankruptcy in the USA affect my Canadian credit? 5 Answers as of February 28, 2014

As a Canadian citizen and resident, will claiming bankruptcy in the USA on my US debt have any bearing on my Canadian credit and affect my ability to visit the USA?

It will not affect your ability to cross the border, but it will affect your "Canadian" debt. Debt is debt. It does not matter where you incurred it. You are required to list it in the U.S. bankruptcy. You need to have lived here for the better part of the last 180 days to file here.
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
A U.S. bankruptcy discharge is good against U.S. creditors and protects your U.S. property from Canadian creditors. Does not affect your ability to visit. If you are asking about whether it will appear on your credit report in Canada, I don't know.
Lynch Law Offices, P.C. | Roseanne N. Lynch
You cannot file for Bankruptcy in the U.S. unless you meet the residency requirements of the State in which you reside. You must have a U.S. Social Security number to file but you do not necessarily have to be a citizen to file a Bankruptcy in the U.S. if you otherwise meet the requirements. By the way, debt is debt, it doesn't matter where the debt was incurred or where the Creditor is located, it is all your debt. There is no such thing as "Canadian debt" or "U.S. debt" it is all just debt.
Law Offices of Eric W. I. Anglin
Law Offices of Eric W. I. Anglin | Eric W. I. Anglin
In order for you to file for bankruptcy protection in the U.S., you must maintain your principal residence in the U.S. You may not claim residence and legal status as Canadian, and file bankruptcy here.
Has no effect on the ability to come to U.S. As far as credit, if Canada used the same 3 credit bureaus as US then it would have an effect, if not, then I don't see why it would.