Will child support division negotiate a child support debt over 30 years old if I pay in full? 6 Answers as of June 18, 2015

Will child support division lower the debt amount on child support owed from 30 years ago if we pay it all at once?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Robert Burns
Law Offices of Robert Burns | Robert Burns
Historically, that has been my experience and I expect it to be now. With that kind of money you haven't seen fit to hire an attorney? Why don't you ask D.C.S.S.?
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/18/2015
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A.
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A. | Joseph Gufford
Probably not. However, I have negotiated down old child support arrears on behalf of clients with the party that is owed the money and DOR.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/18/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Maybe, need details. If you are in Michigan you are welcome to call Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC with details and to potentially engage the firm.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/18/2015
Petit & Dommershausen SC
Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
Usually they will. It certainly never hurts to ask.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/18/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
It sounds from your question that this is not a Wisconsin question and this corner of the site uses almost solely the law of that state. Check with the Child Support Division: most things can be negotiated, and the more stale a debt is, generally the more ready the creditor is to discount it. Or consult a lawyer skilled in these matters.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/18/2015
    Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
    Each jurisdiction is different. In large part it will depend on whether there has to be reimbursement for sums paid the custodial parent through state aid.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska
    Replied: 6/18/2015
Click to View More Answers: