Will changing my family name affect my visa renewal? 2 Answers as of May 20, 2011

After the death of my father, we decided to change our family name directly to his name instead of the great grand father's name. I went to court and get affidavit and sworn oath. My date of birth on my old passport was an error and has been amend on my new passport. But I have been having visa with France embassy and my last visa is 1yrs which just finished and now I should be going for renewal, my new family name has been change on my new passport, would that pose problem for my visa renewal?

I don't see a problem with the name change since it done properly and there is an official document that backs it up. However, it is one thing to change a name and quite another to change a date of birth. If you have other older documents showing the correct date of birth, then you can explain to any official who asks questions about it. You do have a passport that shows this new data to be the official data. Depending on your country of origin, US officials may or may not trust this new change of biographical information. Just be ready to explain with documents. I don't understand what you said about "having a visa with France." But good luck anyway.
You will want to make sure that you can track all name alterations via original government issued documents (or certified copies issued by those same agencies). Make sure all documentation are translated into English. This will then not present an issue.