Will a change in my marital status affect my green card application? 3 Answers as of November 12, 2010

My father is having a US green card and works in the United States. He sponsered for my green card few years ago, when I was single.
Now I am married with a child. Will this change affect my green card application?

I have also received a letter from NVC to register an agent. Can I include my spouse and son details for visa processing with my application?

Your change in marital status moves you from a preference level 2B, the unmarried son of an LPR, to ineligibility, because there is no ability to adjust status on the part of a married adult son of an LPR. Your only hope is to wait for your father to obtain naturalized U.S. citizenship, and then wait until your status comes up, which is an petition approval date of October 22, 1992. You simply need to designate your agent (father, brother, good friend, lawyer, etc.), and then wait on notifying the National Visa Center on change of your marital status. Best to you.
Yes, if your father is still a green card holder and you are now married, that petition he filed a few years ago is automatically terminated and he would have to refile on your behalf and on behalf of your wife and child all over. However, if your father became a US citizen before you married, the application is still valid.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
Yes. If you marry before your father naturalizes, your fathers petition for you is *automatically* canceled. He will have to refile for you when he becomes a US citizen.