Will the case be thrown out if I recently got charged with my 1st DUI and I just found out the arresting officer got fired for drinking on the job? 11 Answers as of February 13, 2014

Robert S. Evans ESQ | Robert S. Evans ESQ
There may be other officer's that might be able to testify on behalf of the prosecution. The fact that one officer involved with the case was fired is certainly a very good piece of info in the event that you are charged.
Well that depends on it the officer obeys a subpoena and comes to court to testify.
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Possible, but States Attorney likes to bluff. If they proceed you will need an attorney to fight for dismissal.
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
That will depend on your DA, the best case scenario is the case gets dismissed, the worst case is that you proceed to trial and the State has to put the officer on the stand and the Jury gets to decide what they think of the officer and his testimony. You should subpoena him for your DMV hearing too, that could be very informative.
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
I would contact an attorney in your area and use that issue to the hilt.
    The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
    Maybe. The state has the burden of proving you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, so if they feel that the officer is unreliable, they may drop the case.
    Eve Oldenkamp, Attorney at Law, P.C. | Eve Oldenkamp
    Nope, two wrongs do not make a right. His behavior had nothing to do with whether or not you were driving under the influence of intoxicants. As your first DUI though, you should be eligible for the diversion program which keeps it off your record.
    Not automatically. You need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
    Chambers Law Firm
    Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
    No, that won't lead to a dismissal of your case. The fact of his termination, if it can be proved, can be used to reflect poorly on his credibility and may weaken the case against you.
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    No, that's his problem. You still have yours.
    Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
    Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
    If you still have the right to a hearing with the DMV Safety office and you request that the office appear at the hearing, he fails to appear, you may be able to avoid DL suspension. An experienced attorney may be able to reduce your sentence or charge if the arresting officer is not available. I would expect the prosecution to have the office testify against you even if he is no longer employed with the Department.