Will the bank relieve all of the my debts if I file for bankruptcy? 21 Answers as of June 07, 2012

Will the bank relieve all of the my debts if I file for bankruptcy? What type of bankruptcy should I file?

Debt Relief Law Center | Roger J. Bus
See a bankruptcy attorney. Unsecured debt is Discharged in a Chapter 7, secured debt also if the filer is willing to give back the collateral.
The Law Offices of Deborah Ann Stencel | Deborah A. Stencel
Unfortunately, you do not provide enough information to answer your questions. The debts commonly discharged in a Chapter 7 are credit card and medical bills. For most other debts, it depends on the situation. Child support and student loans almost never go away. Which chapter to file depends on the person's situation, needs and income. Talk to an attorney.
Olson Law Firm | Edward M Olson
The short answer is "it depends". Secured debts are not dischargeable, in general. Unsecured creditors are entitled to a distribution, pro-rata, of all your "non-exempt" assets. You should talk with a bankruptcy attorney to see if your situation is right for bankruptcy.
Rosenberg & Press
Rosenberg & Press | Max L. Rosenberg
Depending on your financial circumstances the amount of money that you make a year the amount of people living in your household the amount of your debts, the best bankruptcy for you to file is probably a chapter 7 bankruptcy. There is no bank that relieves your debts. if you qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy your debts will be discharged that means dissolved. And you will not have to pay any of your unsecured debts back. It seems to me you need to discuss all of this with an experienced bankruptcy attorney.
Alvin Lundgren | Alvin Lundgren
Bankruptcy cancels unsecured debts.
    Some debts are not dischargeable, some taxes, family law support orders, criminal fines and restitution, and possible fraud claims. I can't tell you which chapter to file because I don't know anything about the facts of your case. You would do well to consult with a lawyer.
    Law Office of Jeffrey Solomon
    Law Office of Jeffrey Solomon | Jeffrey Solomon
    You can discharge bank debts in bankruptcy. You should consult an attorney about the facts and circumstances of your case to determine what type of bankruptcy is advisable.
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
    The filing of bankruptcy will relieve you of all your debts to the bank as long as there are no issues of fraud or misrepresentation in the case.
    Charles Schneider, P.C.
    Charles Schneider, P.C. | Charles J. Schneider
    Yes in most cases. You file the bankruptcy case for which you qualify and fulfills your goals.
    A chapter 7 will relieve most debts except for student loans, some tax debts, etc., but credit card, medical bills, repossessions, etc will be discharged.
    You can't choose what type to file. The different forms of bankruptcy are opposites and the numbers choose you. And banks don't have a say. You need to sit down with a lawyer, and all your numbers, to determine what and if you should file.
    Law Office of Robert Sisson | Robert Sisson
    It depends whether your debt with the bank is secured by property or undecided.
    Ryan Legal Services, Inc.
    Ryan Legal Services, Inc. | Kevin Ryan
    You should contact an attorney who handles bankruptcy. Most often a bankruptcy attorney will do a free phone intake, obtain your info, and go over all of your options to determine what type of case to file and what provides you the highest degree of benefits.
    You don't provide enough facts to answer this question. If your debt is unsecured debt, yes a bankruptcy should get rid of all the debt. If it is secured debt, then you need to pay it if you want to retain the collateral. It appears that a chapter 7 might be a good option for you.
    Attorney At Law | Harry D. Roth
    What kind of bankruptcy you file depends on the amount of your debts and the type of your debts, your income, your family size and other things. Generally a chapter 7 bankruptcy, the most common kind, will relieve you from having to pay all of your unsecured debts.
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    Without knowing your individual financial circumstances, no attorney can advise you which type of bankruptcy to file. The bank will not relieve all your debts, the bankruptcy court will, by entering what is known as a discharge.
    Law Office of Kristen Allard Shier
    Law Office of Kristen Allard Shier | Kristen Allard Shier
    I'm not certain what "bank" you are talking about. However, your unsecured debts (things like credit cards, medical bills, etc) will be discharged in bankruptcy. This means that you will no longer have to pay those debts. If you have secured debt, like an auto loan or a mortgage, it is also discharged, but if you want to keep the property securing the loan (for example, the car or the house) you will need to continue making the payments even after filing bankruptcy. Without knowing your situation specifically, I cannot advise you what chapter of bankruptcy you should file. You should speak to an experienced bankruptcy attorney about your particular situation to get your questions answered about what bankruptcy chapter would be best for you.
    Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A.
    Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A. | Diane L. Drain
    Your e-mail does not contain enough information to answer your questions. Perhaps the following will help. Bankruptcy is a very complicated process. It is wise to talk to an experienced bankruptcy attorney before deciding to take this important step. Most Arizona bankruptcy attorneys offer a free consultation about the basics of bankruptcy. I am attaching a link to some free videos that explain how bankruptcy works. http://www.dianedrain.com/Bankruptcy/BankruptcyQuestionnaires/BKQuestionnaireInd.htm
    The Smalley Law Firm, LLC | Cary Smalley
    This is a very broad question. I suggest you consult with a bankruptcy attorney to discuss the details of your specific situation.
    Your question is impossible to answer with the information provided. Prior to the time that you file any bankruptcy it is absolutely imperative that you consult with an attorney in order to make sure it is done correctly. All bets are not necessarily discharged and more commonly, under today's law you will be under a 3 to 5 year installment program.
    J.M. Cook, P.A. | J.M. Cook
    Your personal liability for almost all debts are discharged in bankruptcy. Which Chapter to file depends on the amount of equity you have in your assets.