Will bail orders become the conditions of probation in an assault and battery case? 1 Answers as of March 11, 2011

My sister was arrested and charged with four counts of assault and battery; two with dangerous. These charges were against her husband and 17 year old daughter (she swept counter top and cup hit daughter on her arm). She had two glasses of wine at lunch and this happened a few hours later. At her arraignment, her conditions of bail were a no abuse order and a no alcohol order. Her attorney is going for a continuance without bail. Will the two orders of her bail immediately become the conditions of her probation? Since I'm told that probation is mandatory in any continuance without finding in Massachusetts, I'm wondering if this is the best thing for her. Thank You.

The Law Offices of Jason Chan
The Law Offices of Jason Chan | Jason Chan
Terms of release don't become terms of probation. It is only after a violation hearing would a judge change the terms of probation. However, she does need to abide the terms or her bail could be revoked and she could be sent to jail for 60 days without bail.