Will an arrest at the age of 16 affect me getting my green card? 3 Answers as of September 08, 2014

When I was about 16 I got arrested in Maryland for possession of marijuana. Now I am 28 yrs. Old and I am finally applying for my green card. I have turned in everything, I have a biometrics appointment and now I am worried that the arrest that occurred when I was 16 (which I ended up not getting charged for) will affect me becoming a legal us resident and eventually a citizen. I forgot to tell my lawyer about it and I just remember so I called and they said they had to get back to me because that was something I should have told them from the beginning. Now I am freaking out. So, will that arrest, which occurred at the age of 16, and never got charged for affect me getting my green card?

Follow your attorney' s direction.
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
Yes, it might. Discuss it with your attorney.
It could be an issue. Unfortunately, there is not enough information to assess the impact. You need to take a copy if the criminal record to your attorney for review.