Will an annulment take away my marriage on my record? 3 Answers as of August 10, 2011

I don’t want a divorce to go on my record. Does an annnulment erase the marriage as a whole?

Law Office of Daniel B. Rubanowitz, APC
Law Office of Daniel B. Rubanowitz, APC | Daniel B. Rubanowitz
The simple answer to your question is "Yes", if your marriage is annulled, then it's as though you were never married. In California, it is not that easy to get a marriage annulled, as there generally has to be some allegation of fraud. A marriage is voidable if you are married to someone who is still legally married to someone else. This is a very complicated area of the law and you should consult with a Family Law Attorney. Good luck.
Law Offices of Paul A. Eads, A.P.C.
Law Offices of Paul A. Eads, A.P.C. | Paul A. Eads
Yes it does but it will only be granted if certain criteria are met.
There is no such thing as a "record" per-se. Regardless of whether you file for divorce or annulmnent, the filing will appear in the public records. Further, you have to meet specific guidelines to qualify for an annulment. If you are in my area and looking for an attorney, please contact me for a free consultation.