Will all of her sons get equal share? 2 Answers as of June 29, 2012

a mother has 2 daughters and three sons. one of the daughter died but she ha
2 children. and the mother made a will that all her share should be transfered to her children. my question here is will all her sons will get equal share or not??

Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
The will determines the share that each of the surviving children gets. If the deceased daughter left surviving children, they may inherit her share of their grandmother's estate. It may be wise to at least consult with a probate attorney in handling the deceased mother's estate.
Martin Barnes - Attorney at Law
Martin Barnes - Attorney at Law | Martin Barnes
Thank you for your question. I know you were counting on a clear and definitive answer - but I am having trouble understanding some of the details. I urge the potential beneficiaries of this estate to visit with an Indiana attorney, who upon reading of the will can determine their actual rights. If you were saying that the mother of the five children (2 daughters and 3 sons) has passed, then the manner in which her probate assets are to be distributed (and the share due to each beneficiary) will depend upon the specific language of that mother's will. Whether the daughter who died (or her estate) receive an inheritance from her mother could also depend upon whether or not the daughter who died survived (lived longer than) her mother.