Will adding an illegal immigrant to food stamp application affect them being able to become legal in the future? Posted on April 06, 2011

I applied for food stamps and medical once I became pregnant and needed government assistance and my husband, who is an illegal immigrant, was not added to the application at the time. But now that our daughter is born I want to add him as well. Will this affect him badly when we later try to legalize him? I did read a similar question and an answer was it would indirectly affect him because it wouldn't be good for me being his sponsor but even before I had already applied for government assistance and I spoke to another lawyer before who said that I would have to prove that he supports me being here not the other way around when I petition the 10 year ban from him re-entering the US when we try to legalize him. So I'm a little confused on what exactly to do now.