Why is a Permanent Resident Card an unacceptable form of ID for age verification? 3 Answers as of September 30, 2014

I live in Washington State and have had my green card rejected several times while attempting to purchase alcohol. It was issued by the Department of Homeland Security and has my photo, birthday, fingerprint, and is virtually impossible to fake. Does anyone know why the green card is unacceptable for age identification according to the Liquor Control Board? Thank you in advance for your help.

Penn Law
Penn Law | Gigi Penn
Regardless that the green card shows the holder's age, the list of acceptable IDs for the sale and service of alcohol in Washington is limited to what's prescribed by state law. See http://liq.wa.gov/publications/enforcement/liq317AcceptableID.pdf.
If you do not have anything better to worry about, just don't drink.
Lawyer for Independent Media
Lawyer for Independent Media | Sue Basko
I don't know why. However, perhaps it is considered a supporting documents, like a birth certificate. You need to go get a state-issued I.D. card or driver's license using your Green Card. ID Requirements for Washing State Liquor Control Board: Identification MUST be valid (not expired) and show: The bearer's date of birth, The bearer's signature (except US Military ID see below) A photograph of Bearer Types of Acceptable ID 1. Driver's License, Instruction Permit, or I.D. Card issued by any U.S. State, U.S. Territory and District of Columbia. 2. Driver's License, Instruction Permit, or I.D. Card issued by any Canadian Province 3. Valid Washington State Temporary Driver's License 4. U.S. Armed Forces I.D. Card (Encrypted signature acceptable) 5. Merchant Marine I.D. Card issued by the U.S. Coast Guard 6. Official Passport 7. Washington State Tribal Enrollment Card (No expiration date required)