Why isn't my attorney replying and what should I do? 7 Answers as of January 15, 2014

I hired an attorney for my son (at the time 17, now 18) for foray assault charge. She initially told me, since my son is 17 she needs his consent to discuss the case with me. She was supposed to give us an appointment to do so. I haven't heard from her since. My son's court date is on the 22nd of this month, I emailed her on 9 December 2013 to advise her of the date and how we are going to proceed and I got no answer. I called multiple times...no answer...I went to her office, left a note still no reply. What am I suppose to do?

Mulder Law office, PA
Mulder Law office, PA | Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
Have you son ask the questions and inform you on the status of his case. It sounds like your son is charged as an adult and the attorney is honoring the attorney-client privilege.
Archer & Archer | Andrew Archer
As a client you have the right to hire and/or fire your attorney.
Barr, Jones & Associates LLP
Barr, Jones & Associates LLP | Andrew Brasse
I would contact her office and immediately request a refund if she is avoids contact at this point. You need to make sure you have an attorney in place for your son as soon as possible to protect his rights at court. Otherwise, he could end up with much harsher penalties.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Meet her in Court. The first hearing is just a formality.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
I am sure your son's lawyer will call you when appropriate. But let me be clear. The lawyer represents your son, not you. It is irrelevant that you paid. The lawyer has no obligation to talk to you, and you have no right to direct how the cases is conducted. Your son is now 18 and he can make decisions about how the case is handled without you. And in truth, the attorney client privilege only protects your son. If your son and your lawyer discuss the case with you, they may lose the attorney client privilege. What matters is that your attorney represents your son in Court on the 22, and prepares appropriately for the hearing. You are a good parent, and you did the right thing by hiring a lawyer. Now let the lawyer do his job.