Why has the UCIS not contacted me after my green card interview? 4 Answers as of January 24, 2011

What could the reason be that I have not heard from UCIS 6 months after my green card interview?

Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
It's not normal. Normally they have 60 to make a decision on your case after the interview. You should schedule an infopass to check the status of your case.
Reasons are numerous - officer transferred off the case, file sent back to storage, case under administrative review, referred to investigations if question on a relationship, or they sent you a decision and you didn't receive it. I would start by calling the 800 # for USCIS and put in an inquiry. You can also check the online case status by putting in your I-485 case number and be prepared to give them the I-485 case number and the A#, date of interview etc.

If that doesn't prove satisfactory, call me and we can enter our appearance on your behalf and attempt to determine the reason for the delay.
They could be many reasons, including the file is sitting on someone's desk because they forgot about it, to your priority date is not current, to it's being investigated. The best option is to do an INFOPASS to follow up on the status. You can make an appointment on-line by going to USCIS.gov and clinking on INFOPASS. You should bring a copy of your receipt notices and interview notices.
Not all green card petition triggers interview.