Why do I have to pay child support if I am no longer a parent with rights to my children? 1 Answers as of September 29, 2017

I gave up my parental rights, in order to save my children from being placed into foster care. My mother is now their legal guardian. I was sentenced to prison and just recently was released, just got a job and my paycheck was garnished 60%. I did what I thought was best for my children, but my mother has been receiving all kinds of services and support from different types of agencies.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
You need to hire an attorney to look into this. That is all I can say right now. Get one.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/29/2017
Click to View More Answers: