Why do I have 5 pending criminal charges after a first offense? 1 Answers as of April 22, 2011

In 41 years of my life, I have NEVER had any type of criminal history. About a month ago, I got pulled over because the police said I was playing my music too loud. I am a collector of guns/knives. They confiscated 2 "illegal length" knives, a loaded hand gun, and a sword that I had in my trunk for years. When I went to jail I OR'ed out. Just went to court today. Have to go back. I was told by the arresting officer that these are misdemeanor charges. BUT...I am dealing with criminal court. Why? What should I do? The judge dropped the noise ticket for another ticket of 3 years ago, that I am totally unaware of.

The weapons charges are going to be either misdemeanor or felony depending upon specific facts. These type of charges are criminal charges as opposed to traffic charges. Some traffic charges are classified as misdemeanors, so they could be included in a person's criminal history.