Why did a warrant showed up in my record if I had a clearance and gun permit? 6 Answers as of March 25, 2013

I recently had a background check and a warrant came up from 2004. I have a secret clearance and just came back from Afghanistan. I want to know how this is coming up when I have a clearance and gun permit. I got my clearance in 2008 and gun permit this year 2013.

Good question. Was the warrant taken care of back then? Is it actually for another person? There are a lot of questions that need to be asked and I would need more details.
Who cares? You have a warrant you need to clear up. PERIOD.
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law | Charles M. Schiff
You are not going to know until you check on the warrant itself. If it is valid, there may be some reason why it was not activated initially.
Sometimes they are missed. You may want to retain an attorney to help you sort this out.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
It could be anything, including a mistake. Anyone might be charged with a crime, regardless of whether he or she has in fact broken the law. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
    Rizio & Nelson
    Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
    A misdemeanor warrant wouldn't necessarily have any impact on a gun permit. You can legally own guns even with a whole bunch of misdemeanor convictions or warrants.