Why did my priority date change? 3 Answers as of September 11, 2014

Dear All: According to my I-797, notification of immigrant case approval, my priority date is November 23, 2002. Last year, NVC notified me that my case is ready for further processing so they asked me to fill in all the immigration's forms which I did. All the letters and communications maintained with NVC say that my priority date is January 23, 2002. Is it possible that NVC changed my priority date? Why did that happen? Immigration Visa Category: F4 Brother or sister of US citizen. Country of chargeability: Venezuela.

Nouri Law Corporation
Nouri Law Corporation | Faith Nouri, Esq.
You may Google, Visa Bulletin and click on it and see your priority. That should answer your question.
It could be a simple clerical error. The priority date can be found on the From I-130 approval notice your sibling received. You should check the date and if the NVC is incorrect let them know about the error so it can be corrected.
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
Your priority date is usually the filing date. This date is listed on your receipt notice and approval notice. That is the correct date regardless of the date given to you in the email. Just go by that date to see if it is current.