Why did my immigration case go into additional review? 3 Answers as of February 22, 2011

My H1B has been filed on June 16 2010. And in the Case status it's still showing Initial Review. However, my case manager has received a mail that my case has been pushed to Additional Review. Google'd and found that Additional Review happens, if there is any criminal history, marriage fraud/ US overstay. However, I have traveled to US (State - WA) for 8 weeks on B1, on June 19th 2010. 8 weeks is less than 6 month period that's valid for B1. Can you please help in understanding why it could had went to additional review (as am not having any criminal history and am not married yet).

Unknown why there is an additional review, but don't worry.
This is a question for your lawyer who file for you. There must be something in your background. There is no general answer to it. Good luck!
They can be many reasons for the case being sent to "Additional Review" which have nothing to do with the factors you suggest. Moreover, it could have nothing to do with you at all, and could be regarding your employer. You need to speak to the attorney who is handling your case and have them find out what is taking so long. An H1B petition filed in June 2010 should not be pending this long.