Why am I unable to receive unemployment? 5 Answers as of November 07, 2013

I was working for Sodexo housekeeping under GSK in Philadelphia from January through July. During the course of me working with them myself and my co-workers were being harassed on a daily basis. We'd come to work having to deal with not only his temper but sexual, racial and religious comments. I was the only female working on night shift, and on the same floor as my supervisor. I went to his manager and told her about the verbal abuse, she talked to him and informed him that I came to her. After 2 weeks he started back up. I informed her managers of what was going on and contacted HR, which put her job in question for not properly handling the situation. She became very disrespectful towards me, critical of my work, and she tried to use my union leader to get me fired. This isn't the first time my supervisor was reported, he was reported at his previous job for the same treatment of its employees. I could no longer simply do my job, I was stressed suffering from migraines daily. To retain my health and sanity I left. I am currently looking for work, and unable to get unemployment for the time being. I have text messages, letters, witnesses and recordings of what I was going through while I was there.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Russell J. Thomas, Jr. | Russell J. Thomas, Jr.
If you were denied unemployment, you do have the right to an administrative appeal. It is possible that because you quit, you may be disqualified for 6 weeks, but you should be able to receive unemployment after that. If you appeal you should characterize your separation from employment as a constructive discharge.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/7/2013
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
File an appeal with unemployment and also file a complaint with the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/7/2013
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
Because you voluntarily quit work. I suggest you make a complaint to the EEOC for hostile workplace.
Answer Applies to: Mississippi
Replied: 11/7/2013
Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
Leaving for cause is usually sufficient grounds to collect unemployment. Have you timely appealed the decision denying you benefits?
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 11/7/2013
Chen Kasher, Esq.
Chen Kasher, Esq. | Chen Kasher
You cannot get unemployment if you quit. There are no exceptions.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 11/7/2013
Click to View More Answers: