Who will pay for the accident expenses and where to begin? 15 Answers as of June 03, 2015

I was hospitalized after an accident and I had to complete a long outpatient program. I do not trust them and want to make sure that I take all the precautions to cover myself.

Utah Injury Lawyer
Utah Injury Lawyer | Will Rodgers
For your own benefit and to protect your rights and financial interest, immediately contact an injury lawyer to evaluate your case and if taken, represent you in the case without any money coming from you. The reality is insurance companies jerk people around who are not injury lawyers. As injury lawyers, we represent our clients and help them get their healthcare bills paid and get the best financial compensation they can get on their case.
Who is the 'them' you do not trust? Your insurance company? The other party's? Your best bet is to locate and retain an experienced personal injury lawyer and put your claims, and ALL the facts, in his or her hands. It's almost always worth it.
You asked several question here. Who will pay depends upon the circumstances of the accident. You may seek your own doctor care and, thus, determine the best treatment for yourself.
What kind of accident? I am assuming it was an auto accident, and my answer will be directed to that. Under Michigan law, you would go to your own auto and health insurance; any bills not covered by the health insurance would be paid by the auto insurance under the "coordinated benefits" type of policy. I guess that in some states, you can still sue the person that caused the accident for the medical bills. Regardless, you also can sue the person that caused the accident for your pain and suffering.
Gregory M Janks, PC
Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
Since your question doesn't give any specifics as to the type of "accident", no specific advice can be given. In general, if it is a vehicle crash, then your own vehicle insurer pays all crash related medical care expenses (as long as you properly and timely notify them of the crash and submit proof of losses). If it is an on the job injury, the workers compensation insurer pays the treatment expenses (again with proper notice/proof). If it is some other type of "accident", then there may be some limited "med pay" coverage that will help with deductibles/out-of-pocket medical expenses (if you put the defendant on notice and they have available coverage and they report the loss). You'd be best to consult local counsel that regularly handles the type of claim you may have for a free consultation.
    What kind of accident? You don't trust whom? If it's a car crash the answer is much different than if it's an on-the-job accident, so re-submit with some usable information.
    Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
    You should speak with a Georgia personal injury lawyer for help. The consultation is free. Good luck.
    You have not given us enough information. Insurance carriers normally do not settle medical bills separately from settling the entire case. You need to speak to some local personal injury attorneys about your case there will be no charge for an initial interview.
    Law Offices of Robert Burns
    Law Offices of Robert Burns | Robert Burns
    Hire an attorney. You haven't come close to providing adequate information.
    The hire an attorney and provide all the details.
    You are responsible for your medical bills. The other guy's insurance won't pay until you give them a release and you can't do that until you've completed treatment. Put your bills on your medical insurance. They will be entitled to get their money back from any settlement or verdict you get. Consider consulting an experienced injury lawyer. Good luck.
    Law Offices of Tanya Gendelman, P.C.
    Law Offices of Tanya Gendelman, P.C. | Tanya Gendelman, Esq.
    You begin by hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer.
    Jules D'Alessandro | Jules D'Alessandro
    Begin with an experienced personal injury trial attorney. You will not be able to negotiate with the insurance company and they are not required to tell you what you are entitled to.
    Who pays depends on who is at fault. Who is they that you don't trust? If this refers to the other party's insurance co., you are wise. It sounds as if you need a free conference with an accident lawyer.
    Pius Joseph A Professional Law Corp. | Pius Joseph
    Depends on the type of accident. In auto cases the at-fault party's insurance pays. In other type of cases depending on liability, you can have the at-fault party pay for your damages. I suggest that you hire a lawyer to handle this matter to accomplish the best results. Good Luck.