Who should I make liable if I was assaulted at a bar? 11 Answers as of August 21, 2015

I was assaulted by my ex-girlfriend’s new boyfriend. Several men beat me who pulled me out of the club, and then when I tried to escape, got dragged out of my car. Even though 911 was called, no one actually tried to break up the fight as it happened.

Potentially liable parties are the bar itself, which may have had a duty to protect you, and each of the people who assaulted you assuming you did not provoke the fight. I expect the only defendant which could pay a judgment would be the bar. Consult a skilled personal injury lawyer in your area.
Sue the guys that assaulted you.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C. | Russell Gregory
You can sue your attackers, and if they're collectible, that could be worth it. You could sue the bar, and it's definitely collectible. Possibly a security company, if one was involved. There are potentially other defendants, as well. The matter needs to be fully discussed.
The assailants and possibly the bar. You can file criminal charges against the assailants as well. Consider consulting an experienced lawyer familiar with dram shop cases. Good luck.
Law Office of Lisa Hurtado McDonnell | Lisa Hurtado McDonnell
The only person who is liable is who ever assaulted you.
    Everyone who hit or attempted to hit you is liable for their own actions and the bar might be if it was negligent in some fashion. But except for the bar, there would be no insurance coverage, so it might be very difficult to collect anything. Complain to the police to have them arrested.
    1. The assaulters. 2. The ex, only if assault was at her direction or request.
    Pius Joseph A Professional Law Corp. | Pius Joseph
    You can only sue the Bar if the Bar had involvement. In the assault. Unless you can prove that similar assaults occurred finding the crime history or if any security present failed to act after seeing the assault, then it is a tough one against the Bar.
    Your best cause of action is against the wrongdoers, the persons who actually assaulted and battered you. You should confer with an attorney as there may be other persons who could be peripherally liable. Assault and battery is both a criminal and civil cause of action.
    You need to sue the men who beat you.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    Did you seek medical treatment as a result of the accident, and what did the doctor say your injury was?