Who should I file a claim against after being hit by an uninsured driver? 4 Answers as of May 09, 2011

I was struck and sustained injury from a driver who has driving her deceased fathers truck with bad plates. Can I file a claim against the fathers estate? She is a representative. She has made no effort to contact me about paying.

Law Offices of Michael Stephenson
Law Offices of Michael Stephenson | Michael Stephenson
At the very least, you should file a lawsuit against the uninsured driver. If the court makes an award in your favor, her wages can be garnished and a monetary amount can be deducted and sent to you from her paycheck each month.
Tomalas Law Firm
Tomalas Law Firm | Ryan Tomalas
If the driver and vehicle were uninsured, the best means of recovery would likely be to pursue a claim under your own Uninsured Motorist coverage through your automobile insurance policy (assuming you carried this type of coverage). We have make hundreds of Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists claims on behalf of drivers in this unfortunate situation. If you are interested in a free consultation, please visit our website.
You need an attorney to file a lawsuit.