Who is responsible for debt in a divorce? 7 Answers as of August 12, 2015

Will I have to take on my husband’s 80,000 in debts if I divorce him? I have just found out he has gotten us into $80,000 in credit card and tax debt without me knowing.

The division of property and of debt is up to the Court, unless the parties reach rational agreement. You would benefit from retaining a skilled divorce lawyer to advise and represent you.
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
The creditor does not care about the divorce disposition of debts. They will attempt to collect from the responsible parties.
The Law Office of Kimberly D. Moss
The Law Office of Kimberly D. Moss | Kimberly Moss
Texas is a community property state. This means that the income that either of you makes from any source belongs to you both jointly. Unfortunately, this also means that creditors can seek payment from either one of you for debts. It may be a good idea to talk to a divorce lawyer about a post-marital agreement, dividing your assets and debts to protect you from your husband's financial troubles. A post marital agreement is a document that you and your husband can execute that essentially removes the presumption of community property and isolates certain assets and liabilities as separate property.
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Not enough specifics to respond. Talk to a local attorney. Generally debt may be assigned by the Judge.
Petit & Dommershausen SC
Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
Unless he agrees to take the majority of it or you can prove it was for non-marital purposes, you will be responsible for some of the debt.