Who is responsible for the chapter 11 bankruptcy allowance determination? 5 Answers as of June 17, 2011

For Chapter 11 bankruptcy, who determines how much is deducted from my total income to pay the creditors and how much is allowed for my necessary expenses, such as food, mortgage, utilities, prescriptions, transportation, etc. - the bankruptcy court, or my bankruptcy lawyer?

Lakelaw - Loop Bankruptcy
Lakelaw - Loop Bankruptcy | David Leibowitz
Ultimately, the court decides what is reasonable. You make original proposals, however.
Chapter 11 is the most complicated type of bankruptcy. Most individuals would file a chapter 13 if a payment plan is the goal. The debtor determines how the expenses are allotted in a budget called Schedule I and J. There also is a requirement of what is called a "means test" which will determine the minimum payments to creditors. You should consult with a bankruptcy specialist to see if you qualify for chapter 11 or chapter 13 or chapter 7.
Well the lawyer puts forth his or her best budget, then the court has the final say. That is why judges are called "judges." They have the last say unless there is an appeal.
Law Offices of Joseph A. Mannis
Law Offices of Joseph A. Mannis | Todd Mannis
Are you sure you are in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy? This sounds much more like a Chapter 7 or 13 from what you are describing.
Are you sure you mean Chapter 11? Very few individuals file Chapter 11.