Who is liable for underage drinking on someones property? Posted on July 18, 2011

I am 20 years old my friend that was 21 signed for a beach house as a favor for me and the cops ended up coming because someone parked on the main road. There was underage drinking and when the cop wanted to know whos place it was I said it was mine because my friend did it as a favor for me so I felt that I needed to take the blame. I got a citation that states "Giving alcoholic beverage to person under age 21." Although I did not provide alcohol to anyone, everyone brought their own drinks if they were drinking. I was wondering if there was a way to get out of this free because on the ticket it says I have to go to court tomorrow. One of the big things I was wondering was if I brought the contract with the beach house owner that my friend signed to prove I was not the one that should of been held responsible at the time, could my friend get in trouble even though it is after the fact?