Who legally has to pay for the divorce? 1 Answers as of July 19, 2011

My husband beat and raped me, and is currently incarcerated for aggravated sexual assault. There is also a standing protective order against him for both myself and my son. Is there any way I can get a divorce without having to pay given the circumstances?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
You can ask the court to order him to pay the cost but that is just a judgement. The court cost and your attorney have to be paid up front and a court cannot order your spouse to pay the cost before a case is filed.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: