Who is entitled to assets if someone left no will? 2 Answers as of June 20, 2011

My father left no will. His second wife is getting all he stated he had. He had separate banks at one time but they cant be found. We know he had money we believed the second wife had moved it around. She claims he had nothing it was all her money, but we do not think that is true. What can we do?

If someone dies without a will, there are laws in each state called "Intestacy Laws" which control who receives the deceased's property. In all states I am aware, under the Intestacy Laws if he was married at the date of death, the surviving spouse receives everything he owned.
The Coyle Law Office
The Coyle Law Office | T. Andrew Coyle
You should review your state's intestacy statute. Determining the rightful heirs is a state-by-state issue which you could review with a local attorney.