Who do I contact to investigate why a will hasn't been dispersed? 4 Answers as of July 10, 2013

Who do I contact to investigate why a will hasn't been dispersed and I know it was probated 10/21/2009? I am in a will, and the executor hasn’t even notified me.

Majors Law Firm, P.C.
Majors Law Firm, P.C. | M. Jason Majors
I would contact the Executor. You could also review the Court file where the Will is being probated to see what the status of the administration is.
Answer Applies to: Wyoming
The Coyle Law Office
The Coyle Law Office | T. Andrew Coyle
You would go to the probate file and see who was the appointed executor (or administrator).
I suggest you speak to an estate attorney right away.Or you can write the Executor a certified letter demanding to know the status of the estae and asking why you haven't yet been given what you weredevissedin the Will. Make sure youget a return receipt for the letter. If you still don'tget a response after a month, then you may have to go to the Surrogates Court and ask for reliefthrough the Surrogate's office. Good luck.