Who can I sue if someone stole my checkbook and made over $1,000 in purchases? 4 Answers as of July 25, 2014

Someone stole my check book and purchased over $1,000 in goods from 2 different retailers. I have my license so the retailer could not have checked that. Can I sue and who can I sue?

Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
You certainly could attempt to sue the retail stores for not checking for an ID, but the reality is that you would probably spend more on legal fees than you could hope to recover, if anything. Your best bet would be to contact your bank's fraud department and see what they are able to do for you. With credit cards, many times the bank will reimburse you for the money and then they will go after the fraudulent user.
Sue the person who stole it and used it.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Without more information, you would look at the person who took your checkbook, wrote the checks, and illegally forged your name.
You should be cover under the credit card rules and contracts or check laws. See an attorney if you bank or card com play will not resolve this to your satisfaction.