Who can I claim on my tax deductions? 1 Answers as of April 18, 2011

I am married. Separated from my husband (not living together). Nothing "legal" for separation has been filed. He resides at a different address than our house. If we file our tax returns separately. For deductions: Who can/claims the house and kids? How do I deal with the money that he has been putting into our joint checking account for me to pay bills?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Meyer & Yee, LLP
Meyer & Yee, LLP | Kent W. Meyer
If you are still legally married you must file either jointly or married separate. If you file separate you would split everything but would pay high tax rates. File married joint.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: