Who can help when a person show signs of Alzheimers and no relative is around? 3 Answers as of June 14, 2011

My friend and boss shows early signs of alzheimers. She has no family members close and she is making poor judgement in business and has lapses in memory, judgment and orientation. What can I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Burnham & Associates
Burnham & Associates | Stephanie K. Burnham
If you have concerns you can ask for the Department of Health and Human Services to do a "welfare check" or otherwise go by her house and see how she is at home. Unfortunately, even if you were family, there is not much that you can do if she can perform activities of daily living. You may want to suggest to her that she see her Doctor if the lapses in memory reach the level of her forgetting that she asked you a question and that you answered her (not just forgetting and then remembering on her own a bit later). You may not want to confront her directly as you may lose your job and friendship. Be supportive if you can!
Answer Applies to: New Hampshire
Replied: 6/14/2011
Law Office of Matt Potempa, PLLC
Law Office of Matt Potempa, PLLC | Matt Potempa
Unless you are willing to serve as her conservator, you can contact Adult Protective Services through the Tennessee Department of Human Services.
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 6/10/2011
Ashman Law Office
Ashman Law Office | Glen Edward Ashman
You need to find a relative and get them involved.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: