Who can help end child support wage garnishment now that my son is old enough? 2 Answers as of October 31, 2011

My son is over 21 now and my wages are still being garnished for child support. My ex has been putting this toward his college so it has not been a big deal, but I would like to get this stopped. There are no special considerations in our divorce decree about this, so it should have ended when he graduated high school at 18 years of age. I am looking for help doing the paperwork/serving my ex in order to get a judgment so that my company will stop withholding the money. If I do not want to brave this paperwork myself, do I need to retain any attorney for this, or is this something that a paralegal or someone else can help with.

You should notify the payroll department and furnish to them a copy of the court order affirming the termination date. If that does not work, have your ex contact the payroll department to stop the wage assignment. If all else fails file an ex parte with the court and get an order terminating the wage assignment.
It's best to hire a local family law lawyer who has EXPERIENCE with terminating a child support order.