Who are copyright trolls? 4 Answers as of August 22, 2011

People compare their methods to extortion. I read fightcopyrighttrolls.com and was stunned by sheer abuse of judicial system by some lawyers. How can it be possible in this day and age? Why nothing is being done about it?

Intellectual Property Center, LLC
Intellectual Property Center, LLC | Ak Shaf
I'm not sure what the relevance is to some third party website to any relevant legal issue, but feel free to make a comment on a blog if this is a concern which you wish to discuss.
Fears & Nachawati | Andrea Perez
A copyright troll is just someone who is very litigious and tries to sue for infringement of their copyrights. They are no different than any other individual that abuses the legal system. For example, people who abuse personal injury litigation and have fake slip-and-fall incidents. As part of your rights as a citizen, you can sue anyone that you in good faith believe has infringed your copyright. There is regulation on this type of behavior. If you bring a lawsuit without a good faith basis, you in turn can be sanctioned, sued and or fined for wasting everyone's time and money. I am not too sure about the legitimacy of "fightcopyrightrolls.com" and the author states that she is not an attorney which could explain some misconceptions. If someone is illegally stealing, using or downloading your copyrights, why should you not stop this behavior? "Demand Letters" as is discussed on your website, occurs with almost every single legal case. It is the first attempt to resolve the matter quickly, amicably and cheaply.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
With respect, lawyers who pursue persons who illegally download music, films, videos, and exercise programs are serving the public interest. They are heroes.
Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
Some people don't want fluorine in their drinking water but the city puts it in. It is the better for the majority.