While I understand they may not be obliged to report our payments any longer, how does that justify reporting it as closed which is not true? 6 Answers as of August 01, 2016

We filed for a chapter 7 and reaffirmed both our mortgage and our car loans. On our credit report, both are listed as closed.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney | Janet Lawson
Look for a lawyer who handles fair credit reporting cases.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/1/2016
Indianapolis Bankruptcy Law Office of Eric C. Lewis
Indianapolis Bankruptcy Law Office of Eric C. Lewis | Eric Lewis
If you in fact entered into a Reaffirmation Agreement, then you can ask that they report the accounts as in good standing. If you did not officially reaffirm the debt, then they can report the account as closed with a zero balance and discharged in bankruptcy.
Answer Applies to: Indiana
Replied: 7/26/2016
Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
When you reaffirm a debt, the lender can begin reporting it to the credit reporting agencies again. You should contact both your lender and the credit reporting agencies that this is an error.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 7/25/2016
Eranthe Law Firm
Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
If your credit report is not accurate then you need to dispute it in writing. There are many mistakes in credit reports. Send a letter certified mail return receipt requested and keep a copy for yourself. Let them know the grounds and send along a copy of the reaffirmation orders and a few statements. They have 30 days to correct it or let you know the results. If you still have errors after disputing them go see a knowledgeable consumer lawyer for a consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/22/2016
A Fresh Start
A Fresh Start | Dorothy G Bunce
You are citing a distinction without much of a difference. However, you are welcome to dispute any information on your credit report that you believe is inaccurate, and federal law requires you to dispute before you have any legal rights against any creditor.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/22/2016
Click to View More Answers: