Which type should we file if we have already lost our house due to foreclosure? 10 Answers as of July 05, 2016

We moved to another county. We also have repossessions, defaulted on loans due to husband's lack of work and me having to take medical leave. Now, I'm filing for my disability.

It sounds like you should fill a chapter 7 as long as you qualify.
Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law
Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law | Christiaan van Niekerk
You can possibly qualify for chapter 7 but there would be no need if you have no income other than to fix your credit.
Portland Bankruptcy Law Group
Portland Bankruptcy Law Group | Christopher J. Kane
There are many factors that need to be considered when determining what kind of bankruptcy (Chapter 7, 11, or 13) that you can or should file. You should meet with an experienced bankruptcy attorney so you can be properly advised regarding what is the best option for you.
Goldsmith & Guymon | Marjorie Guymon
The type of bankruptcy file is based upon your disposable income, not necessarily the debt that you owe. If you have limited income then you may be best off filing a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Unfortunately, a bankruptcy case is intended to deal with many problems and facts. No one can advise you as to which chapter to use based only on the foreclosure. I strongly suggest you locate a skilled bankruptcy lawyer in your locality and have him or her advise and represent you. It is almost always worth the investment. One place to seek a good lawyer is Avvo.com Or ask friends and relatives whose judgment you trust if they know of one.