Which type of visa would allow me to stay the longest to work? 1 Answers as of June 28, 2011

Relative has a bachelor's in math with experience teaching math and physics. Would do any job even unskilled labor. Which type of visa is the fastest to obtain and would allow him to work in the US the longest? Or, should he come on a 3 or 6 month travel visa in order to find work and then once he is offered a job try to change his visa to a work related one depending on the type of job he gets. Could he change visa status once he is here or would he have to go back to his county? Or should he try to obtain a Green card and how does that take. He lives in Greece.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
The H-1B visa is a great business visa and from your facts, would be a good fit. Here is my article on that category: http://www.troylaw.net/h-1b-visa-professional-workers/
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: