Which state, and what agency does he need to contact to sue his boss if he works in one state but pay check is issued from another state? 3 Answers as of January 27, 2014

His boss has told him for over a year now that there is no mileage reimbursement for using his personal vehicle for picking up and delivering items with his own car to pick up and deliver items. He found out that the boss lied, the company does. The company said to turn in an estimate for what he has done, and they would cut him a check. He believes that his boss should not be promoted, but prosecuted. My husband works in Wisconsin, though his pay check is issued from Minnesota.

Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
That is Wisconsin.
Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC
Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC | Tricia Dwyer, Esq.
Generally and based on the facts stated, there may be more than one potential venue. I suggest your spouse speak with an attorney as to potential claims and recourse. It would be helpful for your spouse to attempt to quantify the sum of his potential damages (the pecuniary harm) to the best of his ability.
Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
He should contact the Minnesota labor department or comparable agency.