Which petition is faster if a US citizen files an application for her daughter? 16 Answers as of June 25, 2013

Which petition is faster if a US citizen files an application for her daughter who is over 21 and married from Mexico or should the sister file a petition from sister to sister?

All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
The smart answer, well, I don't know how smart it is, but my best answer is that both should file because the wait on both of these oversubscribed catagories change.
I would have to say USC parent to Daughter. Sibling to sibling is always very lengthy. Good luck!
This changes constantly. You have to monitor the visa Bulletin which comes out each months from the State Department. I recommend that both Petitioners file for her and they can pend simultaneously so she will have the best of both worlds.
With the priority dates that exist now, sister's petition is faster. But you never know what will happen in years to come. I suggest that you do both.
Law Office of Jaclyn Miller
Law Office of Jaclyn Miller | Jaclyn Miller
The sister/sister case is faster. Priority date is 04/08/1996. The married child of citizen priority date is 12/01/2002. I would file both petitions - you never know how the categories will change.
    Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
    Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
    Both of the possibilities mentioned in the question are for visa categories with very long delays for a visa to become available.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    A petition by your mother would be faster.
    Law Offices of Alan R. Diamante, APLC
    Law Offices of Alan R. Diamante, APLC | Alan R. Diamante
    At this time a petition filed by a sibling takes less time for the priority date to become current than a petition filed for a married son or daughter of a United States citizen.
    As of the most recent DOS Visa Bulletin, the FB-3 category for Mexico for a married child of a US citizen is December 1992 and the FB-4 for a sibling of a US citizen is at April 1996. Consider filing both petitions as the visa bulletin advances very unpredictably.
    I would file both. Right now it is faster through a parent.
    The availability of visas fluctuates every month depending upon the need. For Mexico, a immigrant visa is available for a more recent filing than for a parent. However, next month this could change. It would in the beneficiary's interest to have both the sister and parent petition. This will ensure that she receives an immigrant visa sooner rather than later. It will also provide added protection in case one of the petitioner's passes away before the immigrant visa is available.
    Matthew I. Bernstein, Attorney At Law
    Matthew I. Bernstein, Attorney At Law | Matthew Ian Bernstein
    It is faster for a US Citizen parent to file a petition for his daughter.
    Joseph Law Firm
    Joseph Law Firm | Jeff Joseph
    Currently the government is processing unmarried daughters and sons of a citizen who are over 21 and begun the process June 15, 2004. For married sons and daughters of a citizen, the government is processing cases filed September 1, 2008 and for brothers and sisters of citizens, the government is processing May 15, 2000. It is always advisable to file in both categories and monitor the visa bulletin so that you can immigrate on whichever petition becomes current first. The processing times are constantly changing and must be monitored regularly.
    Hugo Florido ESQ.
    Hugo Florido ESQ. | Hugo Florido
    The parent filing for a married daughter. Look up Visa Bulletin for specific priority dates. http://www.google.com/search?q=visa+bulletin+september+2011&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client= That is a 3rd preference versus USC sibling which is a 4th preference.
    Kriezelman, Burton & Associates | Matthew Scott Kriezelman
    It is currently faster for a sister to file a petition for a sister.