Which criminal charges will cause the most problems with my visa application? 6 Answers as of February 27, 2011

Which charge on my record will cause the most problems with my visa application? I have domestic violence and assault on my record.

Both will be a problem and would likely make you inadmissible to the U.S. You need to speak to an immigration attorney regarding your situation before you file, or if you filed, before any interview with the consulate or the USCIS.
Law Offices of Juan Dotson
Law Offices of Juan Dotson | Juan Dotson
Definitely domestic violence. The assault charge may also cause problems. An criminal defense attorney can assist you in vacating or modifying the plea agreement. If you lost after a jury trial, talk to an attorney immediately as your deadline to appeal vary depending on the severity of the conviction.
Crimes of moral terpitude, drug traffing, abd domestic violence.
To properly advise you I would need to see complete copies of all criminal convictions and know more about your immigration status. If you would like a consultation on the facts of your specific case feel free to contact me as indicated below. I do charge for consultations but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained for services after the consultation.
Felony convictions which immigration authorities consider "AGGRAVATED" will mean certain denial for whatever it is you're applying for. Also, what immigration authorities call CIMT, i.e., crimes involving moral turpitude, meaning, basically, those involved with lying, cheating or stealing, whether felonies or misdemeanors will also prove problematical for your application.