Where should that attorney practice if the house is in another state? 6 Answers as of January 25, 2016

My grandmother passed away seven years ago willing her house to her four children with the provision that her youngest son (while living) is the life tenant and trustee. He has obligations that he has failed to deliver on. My mother (1/4 of the house) has passed away recently (the will states that her 1/4 carries down to her children-just me). The house is in another state. Which type of lawyer do I need to contact?

Law Office of Patricia A. Simmons
Law Office of Patricia A. Simmons | Patrica A Simmons
Contact a probate attorney in the State where your mother lived and where the home is located. If there's a will, then you will need to initiate probate proceedings. If there is only a trust, a trust/probate attorney will be able to assist you. An Attorney in your state who is also licensed in the state where the proceedings will take place may also work for you.
You will need a probate attorney who practices where the probate was held. If the probate was handle in a different state than the house, you will need an attorney that practices in that state.
A [estates and] trust attorney near where the house is located.
Probate.
The state where house is located to represent you as a beneficiary of the probate as to your mother's interest, maybe in the area where your mother died, as your mother's interest will have to be probated.
    You will need a probate lawyer in her state of residence. If different, that lawyer will have to work with one in the state where the real estate is located.