Where should I go for my DUI? 5 Answers as of July 04, 2013

If a (first-time) DUI is received while on a trip in Colorado but the driver is a resident of Massachusetts, should the driver consult a Colorado-based attorney or a Massachusetts-based attorney?

Anderson & Carnahan
Anderson & Carnahan | Stephen Anderson
You should consult a Colorado attorney, since your license may be subject to revocation. I would be glad to discuss your options.
Frances R. Johnson
Frances R. Johnson | Frances R. Johnson
Colorado. If you can find an attorney licensed in both Massachusetts and Colorado, that may match your needs as well.
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
A Colorado based lawyer is what you need.
The Sarbaugh Law Firm
The Sarbaugh Law Firm | Bruce W. Sarbaugh
Actually, you will need to consult with both a Colorado DUI attorney as well as an attorney in Massachusetts who is familiar with DUI laws and the Interstate Compact. While the laws of Colorado will govern the criminal and DMV proceedings in Colorado, there can be significant consequences in Massachusetts. I would strongly advise, however, that you start with seeking the advice of a Colorado attorney in the city/county in which you were arrested.
Jonathan S. Willett Attorney at Law
Jonathan S. Willett Attorney at Law | Jonathan S. Willett
Always use an attorney from the state and area where the arrest occurred.