Where should I file my child custody case? Posted on June 09, 2011

I was in a domestic violence case in Indiana in 2008 in which the kids were awarded to the state until April 2009 and then we went to court and they gave me custody of my children. The father was charged with domestic violence. Now the father of my children opened a case in Maryland trying to file for custody this year in May. He recently moved to Maryland in April and I recently moved to Florida in Feb. Their for neither of us are legal residents of the states that we live in yet. Would he have to file in Indiana or can he file and get custody in Maryland?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: