Where should I file for divorce and what state should I use an attorney from? 1 Answers as of March 15, 2017

My legal address is in another state where husband also lives.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
You answered the question yourself. Although you reside in a state other than where your husband lives; you are domiciled in the same state as he is in (as reflected in your "legal" address). In other words, the state of your "legal" domicile is the state for action.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 3/15/2017
Click to View More Answers: