Where do we file for step-parent adoption? 2 Answers as of May 16, 2011

DH has sole legal & phys custody. BM never paid ordered cs and there has been no contact for 3 years. Order stipulates no contact until she completes 90-day rehab and then supervised visitation may occur. She never complied and stated she never would, but signed the order anyway. SS called her this week to inquire and she told him she would never abide by the court order and go to rehab or AA. She said she has no problem and she is a happy person now. SS stated she won't be able to see him until he is 18 and she reiterated that she would NOT ever go to court again or rehab and he would just have to understand that and that she had no time for his negativity. DH, SS and I would like to terminate parental rights and me adopt. Original orders issued in California; we now live in Az. where do we file?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Curry & Westgate
Law Office of Curry & Westgate | Patrick Curry
You must file where the children reside which sounds like Arizona. you will need a family law attorney to represent you in this matter which sounds like the mother is ok with the adoption.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/16/2011
Click to View More Answers: