Where do I start to file for my husband’s visa and how long does it take for him to get approved? 10 Answers as of December 12, 2013

My husband is currently in Mexico and I, a US citizen, am in the US.

You file the I-130 petition with USCIS by following the instructions on the application and submitting all the supporting documentation. If you are not comfortable doing this on your own, you can work with an immigration attorney. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
Lana Kurilova Rich PLLC
Lana Kurilova Rich PLLC | Lana Kurilova Rich
If you are already legally married, and if he has no criminal history (arrests, convictions), you should file form I-130 with USCIS. You may download this form and all the instructions at www.uscis.gov. There will be additional filings required, but this is the starting point.
It is a multi-step process beginning with the I-130 and supporting documents. Before you start though you should counsel with an immigration attorney to make sure it is doable and to discuss any possible issues such as a prior overstay in the U.S., any criminal record, any border stops.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
Your first step is to file a Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative with USCIS. This 2 pg form is free for download at the uscis web site. Make sure you understand and carefully follow its instructions. As a US citizen, approximate processing time of your I-130 is about 8 months. Note that this is only a first step in applying for his green card and unless you are familiar with the process, you may find that a detailed consultation with an experienced attorney is a wise investment
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
You start by filing an I-130 visa petition with the supporting documents listed in the instructions for the form at www.uscis.gov
    Coane and Associates
    Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
    Generally, one starts with the form I-130 etc, filing with US CIS.
    It will take about 6 months.
    You start by going to www.uscis.gov. You can find the forms and instructions. The process will take 12-18 months assuming your husband is eligible for an immigrant visa. There can be delays if paperwork is not properly filed. You may want to consider hiring an attorney.
    Ben T. Liu Law Office
    Ben T. Liu Law Office | Ben T. Liu
    File the I-130 and ask for consulate processing. I hope your husband has a clean immigration record. Should take less than a year for the whole process.