Where do I go to get a Cancellation of Removal? 7 Answers as of January 05, 2011

Will I have go to the court where my divorce was done ? I do have the paperwork the I am the only one responsible for my kids.

A cancellation of removal is not something that you do in the divorce courts of yours or any other state. A cancellation of removal is something that you submit to the U.S. Department of Justice, office of Attorney General responsible to handle immigration matters, which will be then forwarded to a designated U.S. Immigration Judge to review your case and rule upon it. The basis upon which you apply for cancellation of removal is that you have entered illegally or overstayed an earlier visa, and that your removal would create an extreme or extraordinary hardship to a family member who is a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident. If you want to discuss how I may be of help in your case, feel free to e-mail or phone me to set up a consultation in person or by phone. Best to you.
The US Immigration. But take a certified copy of your Divorce Decree.t
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
Cancellation of removal can only be applied for once after you have been placed in removal proceedings.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Divorce is done at the family court. Cancellation of removal is a different process done at the immigration court. A person usually ends up at the immigration court because the person was detained in a jail because of a crime or because some immigration paperwork got denied. Most cancellation cases do not work. To win, a person must demonstrate various things such as 10 years in the US without interruption, good moral character and extreme hardship to US citizen kids. Extreme hardship is very difficult to demonstrate, especially for normal children.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
You would have to turn yourself into immigration and apply for that relief before the immigration judge.
    You need to start your procedure with immigration court which signed the order of removal. Certain paper must be served with ICE too.

You should seek lawyer's assistance to file the right paper. You are more than welcome to give us a call.
    Messing Law Offices, P.L.C.
    Messing Law Offices, P.L.C. | John Messing
    You do not go anywhere to start cancellation of removal. Cancellation of removal is a defense to deportation. You will have to have been put in removal proceedings by ICE before you can ask for it.

Some people ask ICE to begin removal proceedings against them when they are sure they have an excellent case and run the risk of removal (deportation) if they are wrong, but ICE is not obliged to bring removal proceedings, and often ignores such requests, leaving people in limbo.