Where do I go from here if my wife who disappeared with our children is requesting support? Posted on April 08, 2011

I have been separated from my wife for the past 5 yrs and we have 2 boys ( one not being mine biologically). We have never filed a divorce and never filed any legal docs. I now have a relationship with another woman and we also have a child together. About 2 yrs ago my wife disappeared with my boys from the state of Florida. I have tried to make an attempt to find her so that we can get divorced and I can have my paternity rights. I have been unsuccessful. I did find her on Facebook and she did respond but she basically told me to forget I have 2 boys and that she had a new life and didnt need my help that they were doing just fine without a father. She wouldnt even foward me a P.O Box. She would refuse to give me any type of info. Now i received a letter from child support where she has ordered child support from me. I have not been financially fit to hire an attorney. Does she have the right to take my children and disappear without my consent? What do i do from here?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: